March is International Women’s Month, with March 8th being the day everyone stops to thank, recognize, and celebrate all the amazing women everywhere.
In business, you have many incredible women entrepreneurs that have seen success in a variety of industries. To celebrate this month and all the women who put in the work behind the scenes, let’s look at some statistics for women in business.
Working Gals: the Stats
How prominent are women in business, either as owners or as leaders of companies? Well, according to some US data from 2019:
- 49% of all businesses are owned by women;
- Women-owned businesses increased by 21% from 2014 to 2019. During the same years, overall business growth was 9%;
- Woman-owned business growth in the women of color sector grew by 49%;
- Black women scored the biggest growth in terms of going into business for themselves, 50% growth, to be exact;
- Women-owned businesses are also more likely to stay afloat, scale, and have employees from the beginning.
From these trends, it’s clear that more and more women are venturing into the world of business. Not just that, but this world is also becoming a lot more diverse, and more women of color own a start-up or a small business than ever!
Let the Sumnu Solutions Zone Help You Grow
If you’re looking for a self-paced learning opportunity that will help you take your business to the next level, we at Sumnu Solutions Zone have exactly what you need!
With our model, you go through all the major steps of successfully running a business, from marketing to branding, and how to create constant cash flow. By joining the Sumnu community, you’ll also unlock a lot of resources and tools, like the 12 Steps of Marketing plan.
Join the Sumnu Solutions Zone community now and start growing your business!